H1N1 (Swine Flu) Information - August 2009
CFOA Health Concern Information
Fr: Football CFOA
To: All CFOA Members
In light of the past concerns over the Swine Flu, the CFOA is urging all officials to use common sense and practice good hygiene before, during and after games. Also be aware of open cuts or sores on players and enforce the infectious disease rules.
- Bring hand sanitizer to the game to use at halftime and after the game if no soap and water is available. Sanitize your hands before eating or drinking at halftime.
- Use caution if decide to drinking out of team water bottles. If you feel more comfortable bring your own water or sport drink than do so. Players are still touching the bottles and pulling the caps open to drink.
- Avoid touching your noise or mouth during the game.
- If you are sick call your sports president or vp and cancel the game, don’t spread it to the rest of the crew.
- After the game have hand sanitizer in your car to clean your hands before touching your steering wheel.
- Clock operators bring some type of sanitizer to wipe down the clock and on off switch.
These are just a few precautions to take to help prevent the spread of the Swine Flu and other infectious diseases. These are common sense things we should have been doing already but when certain health situations arise, it brings them to the forefront.